T-Mobile LTE Sightings Continue With Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Greensboro And Sacramento
It’s only been a few days since our last LTE sighting post but the crossover into July hopefully takes us one step closer to whatever T-Mobile has in store announcement wise. The number of LTE sightings in various markets is heating up more and more by the day and while some of them are sporadic sightings at best, it’s clear that T-Mobile’s engineers are hard at work all across this great land.
Todays sighting list includes: Jacksonville, FL; Tallahassee, FL; Huntsville, AL, Greensboro, SC; Amherst, MA, Lynwood, WA; Hampton, GA; Syracuse, NY and Sacramento, CA.
My standard public service reminder line that accompanies these LTE sighting posts remains my current position: “I wouldn’t jump too far ahead and assume that a LTE sighting means an entire market is live. For the moment, we’re just happy things are progressing and that more markets appear on the horizon.
Let’s recap the list we had originally believed was the complete list for May and June LTE market launches which was never a timeframe that wasn’t announced by the company anyway. As with all things leak-wise, this list was never meant for public consumption so any angst that might be directed at T-Mobile for not meeting this “goal’ would be unwarranted. The alternative is the possibility that T-Mobile is waiting till its July 10th major media event to announce a number of markets in one fell swoop. However, T-Mobile has promised multiple times to hit 100 million LTE pops before summer’s end and the clock is ticking on that promise.
- Atlanta, Sandy Springs and Marietta
- Austin and Round Rock, San Antonio, San Marcos (May Launch)
- Part of the Carolinas – Charlotte, Rock Hill
- Chicago and Joliet, Naperville
- Cincinnati and Dayton
- Connecticut – Bridgeport, Stamford, Norwalk
- Columbus and Mentor
- Dallas and Fort Worth, Arlington
- Denver and Aurora, Broomfield
- Detroit and Warren
- Honolulu and Maui (May Launch)
- Long Island, New York and New Jersey – specific areas unknown
- Los Angeles and Pasadena, West Covina, West LA, Metro LA, Burbank, Beverly Hills
- Oklahoma City
- Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Minneapolis and St Paul, Bloomington (May Launch)
- New England – Boston, Cambridge
- Philadelphia and Camden, Wilmington (May Launch)
- Sacramento and Arden, Arcade, Roseville, Fresno
- San Diego and Carlsbad, San Marcos
- San Francisco and Oakland
- Seattle and Tacoma, Bellevue
- Tulsa – (May Launch)
- Phoenix and Tucson (May Launch)