Alcatel Fierce XL owners, another update is coming your way.
T-Mobile’s Alcatel Fierce XL is now receiving an update to version 14393.189. TmoNews readers Joe and The_Pasty_Gangsta got the update on his Fierce XL tonight, so if you’ve got a Fierce XL, be sure to keep an eye out for it. You can also check for the update manually by going into Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates.
As for what’s included with this update, Windows 10 Mobile users can expect a fix for a bug that’d sometimes block alarm notifications, as well as a fix for a bug that’d cause some apps to not respond to commands in the app bar. Microsoft’s full changelog for 14393.189 looks like this:
- Improved reliability of Windows Shell, map apps, Internet Explorer 11, and Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed issue causing push-button reset to not work correctly and roll back on devices with language set to any of the Unicode languages.
- Addressed issue causing devices to crash after disconnecting an e-reader that was attached to the device.
- Addressed issue causing devices to not recognize a Secure Digital (SD) card if it is inserted and removed multiple times.
- Addressed issue causing some apps to not respond to the commands in the app bar in Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed issue that sometimes blocks alarm notifications in Windows 10 Mobile.
- Improved support for using the camera app in Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise.
- Addressed additional issues with rendering 4K resolution, missing Start menu tiles when running on battery, Internet Explorer 11,
- Microsoft Edge, Bluetooth compatibility, graphics, display rotation, app compatibility, Wi-Fi, Feedback Hub, Miracast, Windows Shell, revised daylight saving time, and USB.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel, and Adobe Flash Player.
Thanks, Joe and The_Pasty_Gangsta!