Less than one week after hitting store shelves, the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge have started receiving software updates.
The T-Mobile versions of the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge are both getting software updates this morning. The updates are fairly small, weighing in at around 41MB, and they include security improvements. Here’s the official changelog for both updates:
– The security of your device has been improved.
– A software update can include, but is not limited to:
- Device stability improvements, bug fixes.
- New and/or enhanced features.
- Further improvements to performance.
Security is important when you’re using a device that contains all kinds of personal data, so you Galaxy S7 and S7 edge owners should keep an eye out for your devices update. If you haven’t yet gotten the update on your phone, you can check for it manually by going into Settings > SYSTEM tab > About device > Software update > Check for updates.
Let us know when the update hits your S7 or S7 edge!
Thanks, Matt, Luis, and Jonathan!