It seems an age has passed since Microsoft announced the 640 and 640 XL at MWC in Barcelona. But at long last, the phone is available to buy from T-Mobile. It’s good timing too, since it just about fits in to the carrier’s promise of releasing it “later this Spring”.
The phone can be yours for $129.84 full retail price, or on EIP with $0 down and 24 monthly payments of $5.41. And I have to say, at that price, this is an awesome phone. I reviewed it recently and was surprised at just how good the device is for the money. It has a good screen, great camera and battery life. What’s more, Microsoft’s ecosystem of apps and games seems to be improving all the time.
Key Specs include:
- 5.0-inch, 720 x 1280 resolution IPS LCD ClearBlack display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Snapdragon 400 quad-core 1.2GHz processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- 8MP rear camera with 1080p video
- 1MP front camera with 720p video
- 2,500mAh removable Li-Ion battery
- Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim (Upgradeable to Windows 10 when available)
- 4G LTE with support for all three T-Mobile bands (2,4 & 12)
If you plan on buying the phone, let us know how you get on. In my mind, it’s one of the best value smartphones on the market and one of the most pleasant Windows Phones I’ve used so far. Hit this link to check it out on T-Mobile’s store page.
Source: T-Mobile Store