So the HTC Sensation and T-Mobile G2x just aren’t tickling your fancy, eh? Well, it looks like T-Mobile will have you covered with this one. If you remember correctly, and I’m sure you do, the Samsung Hercules may just be T-Mobile’s version of Galaxy S II, which essentially combines everything you would want in an Android phone into one beast (except stock Android, of course), or maybe just the Infuse 4G (Yawn…). Last we heard, this potentially awesome phone was just receiving its BlueTooth and WiFi wings, and now it looks like it is officially slated for a late September launch. September 26th perhaps? Only time will tell. I know you’ll want to keep your eyes open on this one, blurry cam pictures can’t be too far off now.
Just a reminder on the rumored specs of this phone….
- 4.5? 480 x 800 Super AMOLED Plus display
- Android 2.3
- NFC Support
- 42Mbps HSPA+ capable (category 24 HSDPA and category 6 HSUPA)
- AWS plus 850/1900 MHz…they claim support for AT&T’s 4G will be here if the merger succeeds which interesting considering this phone is scheduled for August and the deal won’t close till next year?
- Preliminary measurements of 5.16 x 2.76 x 0.37 inches, resembles the AT&T Infuse 4G
- 16GB internal ROM, 1GB internal RAM, expandable microSD memory up to 32GB
- Qualcomm 1.2GHz dual-core APQ8060 processor??
- 8 megapixel camera with 1080p video capture and front facing camera for video chat
- Micro USB transfer for HDMI