PhoneDog Media ExclusiveDownload iM5, now available in the App Store and Google Play
. iM5 is a PhoneDog Media backed Social Platform to inspire real-life action through the crowdsourcing of ideas. See the video
Update: I almost missed a number of sightings out of Albany, NY this past 24 hours so…there’s Albany in here now as well.
It’s been a few days since our last LTE sighting post, but that certainly hasn’t been due to a lack of emails pouring in. Today’s group includes three cities (Portland, Oregon; Buffalo, New York and Montgomery, Alabama) that are not a part of the extended list we have worked off for T-Mobile’s May and June launches. However, as the days wear on I’m not entirely sure just how large (or small) T-Mobile’s next group of LTE launches will be so any of the cities we’ve highlighted with blog posts or included in this list are potential candidates. Still, these are just sightings and are by no means official or known to move beyond a small geographic area.
That doesn’t change the idea that I STILL expect an announcement any day now from T-Mobile as there have been far too many sightings to completely ignore that at least some of these cities are perhaps soft launched. With the window for T-Mobile to hit their promised 100 million POPs covered by summers end narrowly approaching, someone, somewhere must be crafting an announcement. At least, I hope someone, somewhere is doing exactly that.
Now for the public service reminder that I continually offer in these LTE sighting posts: “I wouldn’t jump too far ahead and assume that a LTE sighting means an entire market is live. For the moment, we’re just happy things are progressing and that more markets appear on the horizon.
Let’s recap the list we have for May and June LTE market launches:
- Atlanta and Sandy Springs, Marietta,
- Austin and Round Rock, San Antonio, San Marcos (May Launch)
- Part of the Carolinas – Charlotte, Rock Hill
- Chicago and Joliet, Naperville
- Cincinnati and Dayton
- Connecticut – Bridgeport, Stamford, Norwalk
- Columbus and Mentor
- Dallas and Fort Worth, Arlington
- Denver and Aurora, Broomfield
- Detroit and Warren
- Honolulu and Maui (May Launch)
- Long Island, New York and New Jersey – specific areas unknown
- Los Angeles and Pasadena, West Covina, West LA, Metro LA, Burbank, Beverly Hills
- Oklahoma City
- Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Minneapolis and St Paul, Bloomington (May Launch)
- New England – Boston, Cambridge
- Philadelphia and Camden, Wilmington (May Launch)
- Sacramento and Arden, Arcade, Roseville, Fresno
- San Diego and Carlsbad, San Marcos
- San Francisco and Oakland
- Seattle and Tacoma, Bellevue
- Tulsa – (May Launch)
- Phoenix and Tucson (May Launch)