PhoneDog Media ExclusiveDo you want a social network that can truly improve your real-life?
PhoneDog Media is providing a sneak peek to iM5 - the "Do It" Social Network. See the video
Blackberry Bold 9900 and Blackberry Torch 9810 customers on T-Mobile can let out a collective “it’s about time” as T-Mobile releases two new software updates. Both updates introduce a host of new features, few of which are more important or desirable than Wi-Fi calling. Notably absent from the introduction of both devices last year, unofficial word had us hoping to see the software update come as early as last November. Well, some five months later it’s out and ready for download and that’s really all that matters. So what else is improved?
The new BlackBerry OS 7.1 has the following features.
- Wi-Fi Calling: Allows you to make calls over a Wi-Fi network. Does not support handoffs to cell network, so calls will drop when you leave the Wi-Fi coverage.
- Mobile HotSpot/USB tethering: Allows you to connect up to five devices to the internet through your BlackBerry device.
- Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS): A personalized emergency alert system designed to alert people of nearby threats or emergencies.
- BBM Music: A new feature that lets you download 50 tracks when you sign up and up to 25 tracks per month.
- Bing search: Device searches also use Bing to provide additional search results.
- BlackBerry Device Analyzer: Lets you perform diagnostic tests to check for errors or issues, which can help you resolve device problems without having to call Customer Care. Check out the What is the BlackBerry Device Analyzer to learn more.
The new BlackBerry OS 7.1 provides the following improvements.
- Helps resolve JVM error 517
- Resolves audio issues
- Resolves issues with devices not indicating or taking a charge
- Improves random reboots or powering down
- Improves freezing, slow, no response, or hourglass issues
Blackberry Bold 9900, Blackberry Torch 9810