Now that Magenta has started rolling out its super fast HSPA+ with plans to cover over 100 major metropolitan cities (over 185 million people) by the end of 2010 and 75 million customers to be covered by the end of June, the question most of you want answered is, will your city get HSPA+? Well, the good folks over at T-Mobile have constructed a new map displaying current cities with HSPA+ coverage and cities that are scheduled to get HSPA+ in the future. Even though the map does not show exactly when these cities will get HSPA+ and simply reads “Coming Soon”, it’s definitely nice to know your city will indeed join in on the awesomeness that is HSPA+. Check the HSPA+ coverage map here. And while you’re at it, make sure to check out some of the videos explaining exactly what T-Mobile HSPA+ is and what it has to offer to consumers.
T-Mobile HSPA+ Fun Facts (You may know some of these or you might not, either way here they are):
- Theoretical Capability of peak download speeds of up to 21 mbps
- Theoretical Capability of peak upload speeds of up to 5.7 mbps
- You don’t have to buy a new phone to take advantage of the new network—many existing T-Mobile® 3G phones and laptop sticks work too
- Runs on state-of-the-art fiber optic technology
- Up to 3 times faster than competitors standard 3G networks (Compared to AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon)
- HSPA stands for High Speed Packet Access