The ZTE Axon 7 isn’t officially sold by T-Mobile, but the device has gotten some nice T-Mo features like VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling. Now ZTE’s got some exciting news for anyone using the Axon 7 on T-Mobile.
ZTE is kicking off an Android Oreo beta for the Axon 7. To register for the beta, you’ll need to visit ZTE’s Z-Community forums.
The Oreo update for the Axon 7 will be “near-stock,” says ZTE, as that feature was requested by users. Here are the other goodies that’ll be included with the ZTE Axon 7’s update to Android Oreo:
- Improved battery life
- View two apps at once through picture-in-picture (PiP) mode
- Google Play Protect, which scans over 50 billion apps per day to ensure your device is safe
- Notification dots to quickly see what’s new
- Faster boot speed when powering on the device
- Android Instant apps, allowing users to get into apps without having to install
- Minimized background activity in the applications used least
- Autofill, which, with user permission, remembers logins to important apps
This sounds like a big update for the ZTE Axon 7, which is nearing its second birthday, and it’s sure to please anyone that’s using the Axon 7 as their daily driver. Hopefully the beta period is a short one so that all Axon 7 owners can sink their teeth into an Oreo treat.