Alcatel Fierce XL owners, another Windows 10 Mobile update is coming your way.
T-Mobile’s Fierce XL with Windows 10 Mobile is now getting the June Cumulative Update, which include several bug fixes and performance improvements. For example, there’s better stability and improved accuracy for the Maps app, and a fix for a bug that caused unexpected battery drain while syncing email using IMAP.
Here’s what Microsoft’s full changelog for the update, which brings the Fierce XL to 10586.420, looks like:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem that sometimes resulted in a crash when performing a search, and corrections to inaccurate times after Daylight Savings Time (DST) on meeting cards and reminders.
- Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while syncing mail using IMAP.
- Improvements to the Maps app, including better stability, improved accuracy, and reduced latency with driving directions.
- Improved reliability of syncing text messages from the phone to the cloud.
- Reduced amount of time it takes some phones to completely power off after “Goodbye” disappears.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones unable to re-add a primary Microsoft account without resetting after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones unable to install keyboard and languages without resetting after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Reduced the number of days a phone can go without restarting to receive an update from 14 days to 7 days.
- Fix for a problem that caused the phone to stop ringing from an incoming call, if interrupted by an SMS.
- Fix for a problem that caused Project My Screen to stop working on some phones.
If your Fierce XL hasn’t yet gotten this update, you can check for it manually by heading on in to Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates.