The iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4 were available from T-Mobile before today. In fact, the iPad Air 2 has been available for more than a year. Starting today, though, there’s a new way to buy ‘em.
The iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4 are now available with JUMP! On Demand in addition to the standard 24-month installment plan that they’ve been sold with previously. The JOD! plan for tablets works similarly in the way it does with phones: you sign up for an 18-month lease, and you can then trade in the old tablet upgrade to a different model at any time, up to 3 times per year. With JOD!, you can also opt to pay the remaining amount at the end of the lease and keep the device.
Here’s how the JUMP! On Demand pricing breaks down for the iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4:
- 16GB iPad Air 2: $0 down, 18 payments of $26 each
- 64GB iPad Air 2: $99.99 down, 18 payments of $25 each
- 128GB iPad Air 2: $199.99 down, 18 payments of $24 each
- 16GB iPad mini 4: $0 down, 18 payments of $22 each
- 64GB iPad mini 4: $99.99 down, 18 payments of $21 each
- 128GB iPad mini 4: $199.99 down, 18 payments of $19 each
As for plan pricing, you can add either iPad model to your existing Simple Choice plan for an additional $10 per month. The tablet will then get its own data allotment that matches what your phone gets, up to 5GB.
Many folks probably aren’t going to upgrade their tablet as often as their phone, but if you want the option to get yourself a shiny new tablet on a regular basis, T-Mobile will now let you do just that.