A couple of days ago we got wind of an offer coming our way from T-Mobile. The deal, in essence, was incentivizing the purchase of both a Samsung Galaxy tablet and phone. From today, customers buying Galaxy tablets with smartphones will be able to claim $100 back.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Buy, add a new line to your account or upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Note 4 or Galaxy Note Edge
- Within 30 days of that purchase, buy a Galaxy Tab S or Galaxy Tab 4
- Both devices must be bought on T-Mobile’s EIP (Equipment Installment Plan)
- Both devices need to have a qualifying postpaid service plan
- The tablet plan needs to be 1GB or higher (includes Match Your Data plan)
- Within 8 weeks of the second purchase, you’ll get a $100 T-Mobile Prepaid MasterCard
Needless to say, this offer is only available for a limited time, and T-Mobile doesn’t state when it’s going to be pulled.
As far as offers go, it’s not the worst. Especially not if you were already planning on buying a new Samsung phone and tablet soon. But if you weren’t, it’s hard to see the real benefit. Sure, you get $100 back on a card, but you have to buy two devices which – together – will cost you a minimum of $980 full retail and a maximum of $1,610 (spread over two years). What’s more, you’ll also need to sign up to a plan for each one.
Just in case you’re interested, here are the product pages for each device available on the offer.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
Let us know if you’re planning on taking advantage of the offer, or, if you just see it as an attempt from T-Mobile to get you to buy a tablet you were never interested in.