T-Mobile staff are being informed that the limited time “lifeline” refer-a-friend unlimited data promotion is ending after tomorrow. In a memo to its employees, T-Mo states that “in order to make room for new and exciting programs, December 3 is the last chance for customers to take advantage of the Refer-a-Friend unlimited data promo.”
The carrier initially launched its unlimited data promo back in August in response to Sprint’s “disruptive” plans. T-Mobile customers could rescue their friends on other carriers by throwing them a lifeline. For doing so, both the T-Mo customer and their friend(s) got 12 months of unlimited data, free of charge.
From December 4th, this promo will no longer be available. But let’s hope that the “new and exciting programs” are just as exciting as this one was when it launched.
A few important details to note:
- December 3 is the last day for referees that activate with T-Mobile to take advantage of the unlimited data for up to a year at no additional charge.
- Referees must also register via www.t-mobile.com/referral within 30 days of activation.
- Referrers must register via www.t-mobile.com/referral prior to making the referral.
- Customers already enrolled in the unlimited data promo will continue to receive unlimited data at no additional charge until the end of their 12-month promotional period as long as both participating lines qualify.
- Referees who activated between August 29 and December 3 will receive the full $30 credit toward their monthly bill for up to a year from the date of their referral.
T-Mobile reminds us also that the regular $25 promotional card refer-a-friend offer is continuing as usual.