Last week, developer and unlocked versions of the HTC One (M8) received a software update adding an interesting new camera functions. And this week, T-Mobile models should start to receive the update too.
HTC One (M8) T-Mobile Owners! We have received technical approval for the Eye SW update! Expect the OTA update to start by tomorrow! Thanks!
— Mo (@moversi) October 20, 2014
Mo Versi, HTC’s Vice President of Product Management took to Twitter to announce that the T-Mo model will receive the update “by tomorrow”, October 21st. The software’s been given the all-clear and could be on your phones within 24 hours from now. The Eye Experience update includes the following features:
- Face Tracking: Track up to 4 faces during a video chat, and ensure that they stay within the camera’s angle of view.
- Split Capture: Record the action in front of you and yourself at the same time. Or, record the action first and then record a commentary.
- Face Fusion: Using 2 photos such as your selfie and a photo of your favorite celebrity, try merging your looks together.
- Voice Selfie: Take a picture or video selfie by just saying “Say Cheese” or “Action”.
- Live Makeup: Smoothen your skin before taking your selfie.
- Photo Booth: Take 4 selfies and merge them into a single picture
If you have an HTC One (M8), check your settings for an update tomorrow and let us know if it shows up.