In the hopes of squashing confusion on the release of both the Samsung Galaxy S 4 and HTC One, I’m doing a quick recap of everything we know. So let’s just jump right in.
- Beginning April 24th, the Galaxy S 4 will be available online.
- Beginning May 1st, the Galaxy S 4 will be available at “select” company-owned retail stores, select T-Mobile authorized dealers and national retail stores.
- On T-Mobile’s Simple Choice plan, the Galaxy S 4 will be available for $149 down with 24 monthly payments of $20.
- Beginning April 24th, the HTC One will be available through T-Mobile.com and “select” retail stores.
- The total number of retail stores carrying the One initially is around 300 stores.
- Incidentally, T-Mobile’s @tmobilehelp Twitter account posted something last night in response to tweet about a pre-order beginning tomorrow. The tweet was quickly deleted and T-Mobile’s PR wouldn’t give a definitive answer on any pre-order questions.
- Price is still unknown, however at the UNcarrier launch back on March 26th, T-Mobile’s CEO announced the One would be available for $99 down with 24 monthly payments of $20. At this point, I would pencil in that price as the final price and leave it subject to change.
Both devices will be available through third-party retailers and Walmart is allowing for a pre-order of the Galaxy S 4 on T-Mobile already. Best Buy has priced the HTC One on subsidy for $249 for the 32GB version.
Details will be added to this post as they arrive on finalized pricing and expanded release patterns inside T-Mobile stores.