UPDATE 2: T-Mobile has clarified its clarification, saying that now anyone can activate on a Simple Choice plan and get two lines free, including new customers.
UPDATE: T-Mobile has clarified that the Magenta Friday offer of two lines free also applies to existing customers on Simple Choice plans. Here’s how the offer breaks down:
- New customers: Switch to T-Mobile, sign up for 2 new voice lines on T-Mobile One and you get an additional 2 lines for free after bill credit.
- Existing customers: If you currently have 2 voice lines (any Simple Choice voice plan or T-Mobile One voice plan is eligible), you can add up to 2 lines to your plan for free.
- All lines must be activated during the promotional period.
- There is a maximum of 2 free lines per account.
Next week will bring Black Friday and lots of deals, but T-Mobile will start offering deals a week early with Magenta Friday.
From Friday, November 18 through Sunday, November 20, T-Mobile will offer two lines for free when you sign up for T-Mobile One. This means that a family of four can get four T-Mobile One lines for $120 per month, or $30 per line. This offer is open to both new and existing customers.
One week later, T-Mo will have some device deals available for Black Friday. These offers will be available from Thursday, November 24 through Sunday, November 27:
- Trade in a Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note 5, or LG G5 and get a Galaxy S7 for free after 24 monthly bill credits with T-Mobile One or Simple Choice Unlimited.
- Free Samsung Gear VR and $50 Oculus app store gift card with purchase of Galaxy S7 (including the free one) or Galaxy S7 edge.
- Free Samsung Galaxy Tab E or LG G Pad X 8.0 with 24 monthly bill credits and T-Mobile One tablet plan.
- UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker for $129.99 ($70 off).
- LG Tone Pro 760 Bluetooth headphones for $39.99 ($30 off).
- Mophie Powerstation Mini portable battery with 3,000mAh capacity for $9.99 ($50 off).
The fact that several of these promos are focused on T-Mobile One is likely to frustrate customers that don’t want to make the switch, but it’s also not surprising since T-Mobile One is T-Mo’s new plan. The Magenta Friday offer is a couple of days out and Black Friday is next week, so you’ve got some time to decide if you want to take advantage of these T-Mobile One-centric offers.