T-Mobile updating Galaxy J7 Star to Android Pie
Another Android phone is getting its serving of Pie from T-Mobile this week.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Star is now being updated to Android 9 Pie. The update is version J737TUVU5BSG2 and is a whopping 1107.99MB, so be prepared for a big download when you decide to update your Galaxy J7 Star to Pie. It’s now rolling out over the air, so be on the lookout for it.
Along with a bump to Android 9.0, this update brings Samsung’s new One UI that includes new features like a Night Mode to make using your phone easier on your eyes when the sun goes down. Samsung has also moved interactive elements toward the bottom of the screen to make them easier to reach.
The update also allows you to reply to messages directly from your notification panel, improves the Samsung Keyboard with Unicode 11.0 emojies and an adaptive theme that changes the look of the keyboard based on the app you’re in, and a reorganized Settings menu to make settings easier to find. There’s a new and improved Bixby included, too, along with support for HEIF images and the addition of Photo Editor Pro’s editing tools to the Gallery, letting you make your edits without leaving that app.
Also of note is that this update bumps the Galaxy J7 Star to the July 1, 2019 Android security patch level.
You can find the full list of improvements included with this update below. Once you’ve updated your Galaxy J7 Star to Android Pie, let us know what you think of the upgrade and Samsung’s One UI!
- Content, settings, and other information have been reorganized to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they’re always within reach.
- New designs and features such as Night mode help keep your eyes comfortable.
- You can reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
- Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
- In an app’s notification settings, tap the switch once to turn on or off all the notifications in a category.
- New Unicode 11.0 emojis are available.
- New adaptive theme changes your keyboard look based on the colors of the surrounding app.
- Floating keyboard is available in all apps and has new size and transparency settings.
- You can set a custom touch and hold delay.
Device care (formerly Device maintenance)
- Performance modes are streamlined and integrated into power saving modes.
- Menus have been reorganized to make settings easier to find.
- Bixby is all new, with a range of improvements and new features.
- Swipe left from the main Bixby screen to explore the latest features and supported apps.
- You can now sort your call history by incoming and outgoing calls.
- Your call history can include up to 2000 entries (increased from 500 entries).
- The new drawer menu makes it easier to manage contacts from various accounts.
- Photo Editor Pro’s editing tools have been added to Gallery, so you can make all your edits and touchups without leaving the app.
- The new storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor your storage usage and save space.
- You can now show or hide items on the My Files Home screen.
Other improvements and changes
- Call stickers has been discontinued.
- HEIF images are now supported.