Have a Samsung Galaxy Watch on your wrist? If so, you’ve got a software update coming your way.
T-Mobile has released an update to the Galaxy Watch that bumps the device to version R805USQU1BSE3 or R815USQU1BSE3, depending on whether you’ve got the 46mm or 42mm version of the watch. The update is on the small side, coming in at around 118MB.
As for what’s included, the update’s changelog says you can expect Samsung’s One UI for the watch. There are updated graphics for a refreshed look, new watch face designs, a setting to manage background apps, and an enhancement that’ll make the Galaxy Watch faster to begin tracking workouts.
Here’s the full changelog for this update:
One UI for Watch
- Check information on your watch at a quick glance. Updated graphics (motion, interface) delivers refreshed look
- You can now download new designs of watch faces
- Now supports additional pages to allow quick access to setting control
- Setting menus have been updated for easier discovery. Daily briefing setting has been added for watch to be smarter. Additionally, Sleeping mode can now be turned on/off. Watch can now be set to wake up by touching the screen
- Daily Activity feature added which shows user’s daily activity (Move, Workout, Hourly Activity)
- Usability improved by continuous syncing in between paired smartphone and watch
- Watch also begins to track workout quicker
Wellness of Heart
- If heart rate is measured over the limit(set by user), watch notifies the user
- Outdoor swim has been added to tracking
- Setting to manage background apps have been added
- For more contextual information, sleep statistic now includes trends and statistics of users who have the same or a similar age as the user.
To check for your Galaxy Watch’s update, open your Galaxy Wearable app, select “About Watch”, and then tap “Update Watch software”.
Thanks, Debjit and Nick!