iOS 12.1.3 is now rolling out. It’s available to iPhone 5s models and later, the iPad mini 2 and later, iPad Air and iPad Air 2, iPad 5th and 6th generations, and the iPad Pro models. To download the update, go into Settings > General > Software Update.
This is primarily a bug-fixing update. Apple says that it’s squashed a handful of bugs for the iPhone and iPad, and HomePod owners have a couple of bug fixes of their own to look forward to:
- Fixes an issue in Messages that could impact scrolling through photos in the Details view
- Addresses an issue where photos could have striped artifacts after being sent from the Share Sheet
- Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion when using external audio input devices on iPad Pro (2018)
- Resolves an issue that could cause certain CarPlay systems to disconnect from iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
This release also includes bug fixes for HomePod. This update:
- Fixes an issue that could cause HomePod to restart
- Addresses an issue that could cause Siri to stop listening
Meanwhile, Apple Watch owners are getting an update to watchOS 5.1.3. This update includes unspecified bug fixes and other improvements, and you can grab it by going into the Watch app on your iPhone and tapping General > Software Update.