Another month, another Windows 10 Mobile update for the Alcatel Fierce XL.
T-Mobile’s Alcatel Fierce XL is now receiving an update to Windows 10 Mobile version 10.0.10586.494. According to the information posted by Microsoft, Fierce XL owners can expect improved support to Windows 10 Mobile’s backup settings for apps as well as some other goodies.
Microsoft’s full changelog for the Windows 10 build 10586.494 update:
- Improved reliability of Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, Miracast, and Windows kernel.
- Fixed issue with some people seeing a black screen instead of the lock screen when resuming from connected standby.
- Fixed issue with DirectAccess where the Disconnect button appears in some cases when the connection isn’t fully established.
- Fixed issue where local user accounts weren’t locked after a number of failed sign in attempts.
- Improved support for video playback in certain apps that didn’t render video correctly after resuming from sleep.
- Fixed issue with Windows Phone losing user authentication certificates after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile in some cases.
- Improved support of the backup settings of apps on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Fixed issue where Microsoft Silverlight based apps wouldn’t install on Windows 10 Mobile after joining Azure Active Directory.
- Fixed additional issues in .NET, Windows Kernel, Windows Update, authentication, revised daylight saving time, support for PDF files, Bluetooth, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, networking, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Security updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Kernel Mode Drivers, Windows Kernel, .NET Framework, Windows Secure Kernel Mode, and Microsoft Print Spooler.
There doesn’t appear to be any major new features in there, but hey, it’s always good to get a new update and be running the latest software. You Alcatel Fierce XL owners that haven’t yet updated can check for this update by launching your Settings app, selecting Update & security, then tapping Phone update.