You guys asked for it – or at least a couple of you did – so I wanted to make sure I shared this unboxing with you. Although we don’t have any concrete release date just yet, the Microsoft Lumia 640 is going to be landing on T-Mobile’s store shelves very soon. I got my hands on the unlocked international model so that you could have a quick first impressions and overview before it eventually arrives in Magenta flavor.
- 5.0-inch, 720 x 1280 resolution IPS LCD ClearBlack display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Snapdragon 400 quad-core 1.2GHz processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- 8MP rear camera with 1080p video
- 1MP front camera with 720p video
- 2,500mAh removable Li-Ion battery
- Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim
- Upgradable to Windows 10 for Phones once available
As far as budget Windows Phone devices go, I think we could be on to a winner here and definitely one worth holding out for. From what I remember of my time with the 635, this is a much better handset in almost every way. And the great news is that it has LTE support on T-Mo, something that has been sacrificed on some other budget Microsoft devices.
What do you make of it? Will you be upgrading from your old Windows Phones?