It’s not often a phone unavailable from most official outlets and carrier stores gets so many tech-fans excited. But at CES earlier this year, there were only a couple of phones that got my attention. First was obviously the second generation LG G Flex. The second was Saygus’ insanely specced hyperbeast smartphone. The relatively unknown manufacturer wowed us with an impressive spec list.
The company recently made it available for pre-order and it looks as though it supports virtually every LTE band going. Okay, that’s an exageration, but the spec list does reveal that it supports LTE bands 2, 4 and 12, which should make it a prime candidate for a T-Mobile SIM card.
Other specs (with no exaggeration) include:
- 5-inch, 1080 x 1920 IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 4.4.4 – With multi-boot capability from Micro SD card
- Rooted, ready for custom roms
- 21MP rear camera with OIS and LED flash
- 13MP front camera with OIS
- 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 chip with 3GB RAM
- Stereo front-facing speakers
- Harman Kardon sound technology with 3D audio
- IR Transmitter
- 3,100mAh removable battery with wireless charging support
- 64GB internal storage
- 2 Micro SDXC card slots, both expandable to 128GB
- IPX7 waterproofing
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 60GHz wireless gaming and mobile beaming
- Fingerprint side scanner
- LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26
- Available in black, pink or white
Apart from not having a 2k display, I’d say most of the numbers – on paper – look like word beaters. But of course, we know specs aren’t everything.
If you want to take a chance on the Saygus, you can pre-order it now for $599. If you pre-registered early, you get it for a special price of $549 using a unique pre-order code. Just don’t go expecting it to land on T-Mobile store shelves anytime soon.