Am I Dreaming?
First and foremost, TMoNews has not fully confirmed this. Our lack of commitment and confirmation on this subject may also stemming from our disbelief that T-mobile plans on being leading the wireless industry, an event rarely seen. Other carriers which will remain unnamed seem to follow the business strategy of ‘lead and hope,’ while T-mobile has always seemed to ‘follow and do it right the first time.’ The tables have turned it seems. Coming Q4 of 2008, T-mobile will lead the wireless industry by releasing the HTC Dream, the first Android handset ever. We should have more information for you shortly. Here is what we know now:
- 3 inches long, 5 inches wide
- Will feature a full touch screen, with a swivel screen which reveals a full QWERTY keyboard.
- Unlike the Iphone, the Dream will not only be touch sensitive, but touch-time sensitive.
- The phone should be a full media phone, have easy access to YouTube, and let users view and edit documents.
Quick Recap. Confirmed:
- An Android Handset will be released by T-mobile in Q4 of 2008
- The first Android Handset released will be the HTC Dream