T-Mobile’s “New Year, New Phone Sale” is ready to kick off this weekend and it’s bringing the Value Plan goodness. So what’s the offer? “All smartphones and select Mobile BroadBand devices in T-Mobile stores will be available with a new down payment of $49.99 or less, when purchased with a qualifying new Unlimited Value Plan.” In other words, this sale sounds exactly like the previous sales that have been geared toward the Value Plan side of T-Mobile’s dual-rate plan offer. This appears to be the “winter event” we were expecting after T-Mobile’s winter marketing focus sheet leaked at the end of 2011.
So who qualifies?
- New activation and add-a-lines
- Any Classic, Legacy, or existing Value Plan customer qualifies for this promotion
- There are no contract or handset tenure requirements
- Standard migration fees apply for customers switching to Value
- 2-year contract required
- Must activate or upgrade to Unlimited Value Plan with qualifying data feature
- Variable data requires: Smartphones (2GB) or 42Mbps Superphones (5GB)
- Qualifying Rate Plans: Unlimited Value Family Plan, Unlimited Value Single Lines and AAL (Must have unlimited minutes add on feature)
- Any webConnect Value rate plan of 2GB Or higher
Customer purchases Samsung Galaxy S II
Down Payment $199.99
Mail-in Rebate -$150.00
Net Down Payment $49.99 (after MIR)
Monthly EIP payment: $20 (some devices will increase to $20 EIP on January 6)