PhoneDog Media ExclusiveDownload iM5, now available in the App Store and Google Play
. iM5 is a PhoneDog Media backed Social Platform to inspire real-life action through the crowdsourcing of ideas. See the video
Mid-October, we first reported T-Mobile would begin rolling out the long awaited and highly anticipated Android 2.2 Froyo update for original myTouch 3G owners. T-Mobile has announced via their forums that the original myTouch 3G 2.2 update was successfully completed on December 15th 2010. Additionally, T-Mobile has announced that the update for myTouch 3G 3.5mm Jack and myTouch 3G Fender Limted Edition will be rolled out beginning Wednesday, January 12th. The OTA update will be sent to myTouch 3G 3.5mm Jack and myTouch Fender LE in staggered waves beginning January 12 and is expected to be completed by February 1, 2011.
The update adds the following new features:
1. New Fully Integrated Exchange Client
- Exchange calendars: Exchange calendars are now supported in the Calendar application.
- Auto-discovery: With just a user name and password users can easily set up and/or sync an Exchange account (available for Exchange 2007 and higher).
- Global Address Lists look-up: This functionality is now available in the E-mail application, enabling users to auto-complete recipient names from an entire directory.
- Improved security: Numeric pin and alpha-numeric password options have been added to unlock the device. Exchange administrators can enforce password policy across devices.
- Remote wipe: In the event a device is lost or stolen, Exchange administrators can remotely reset the device to factory defaults to secure data.
2. Faves Gallery
- Faves Gallery gives customers quick access to the 20 people who matter most.
- Scroll through your Faves Gallery, and instantly see the most recent communication from your top 20 Faves – calls, texts, emails, instant messaging, and social networking updates. Respond in a flash!
3. New Home Screen Features
- Home screen Tips widget provides tips on how to configure the home screen with shortcuts and widgets and how to make use of multiple home screens.
- Market widget lets you keep on top what’s hot on Android Market, showing featured apps right on the home screen.
- Phone, All Apps and Browser now have dedicated shortcuts on the home screen, making it easy to access them from any of the five home screen panels.
4. Gmail app enhancements:
- Include quoted text from the body of an e-mail message
- Navigate quickly using on-screen previous/next buttons
- Identify e-mails using colored labels
- See inline images in messages
Other: Improvements to the camera and camcorder, ability to add multiple languages to the keyboard, enhancements to Google Maps, YouTube app, Facebook app, and Twitter app.
Note: To recieve the OTA update, you will need to have an active Android data plan on your account.
[Via T-Mobile Forums]