Well, no real shock value with this introduction but we’re always glad to have an official announcement! Coming out of Mobile World Congress in Barcelona is the introduction to the world and more importantly, to us back at home the very first 8 megapixel camera phone to be offered by a US carrier! Most important of course is the confirmation of the February 25th release date, and the news pricing is coming in at $249.99 after a $50 mail in rebate. NO qualms about fifty dollars less than previously anticipated, the specs hold true to previous reports and thats not a bad thing. Ten days to the launch of the first 8 megapixel camera phone in the US, this is very exciting!
Few extra details about the camera:
- Allows users to set special effects on an image, including black and white, sepia, negative and watercolor;
- Features blink detection, face detection, anti-shake to reduce blur, and geo-tagging, which records coordinate information of where the user is at the time the picture is taken into the image files;
- Provides optimal settings for a variety of shooting situations to help capture the best possible image, including portrait, landscape, night, sports, party/indoor, beach snow, sunset, dawn, fall color, fireworks and backlight;
- Automatically changes the white balance using the setting appropriate for the light source, including daylight, incandescent, fluorescent or cloudy;
- Features five different shooting modes, including single, continuous, panorama, smile shot and mosaic.
Check out the vid below with our boy Noah from Phonedog getting albeit a quick but clear look at this bad boy.