Every Wednesday TmoNews will feature a free add on, which is aimed to make our readers lives easier and more efficient. This week’s feature is YouMail. We rarely hear complaints about T-mobile’s voicemail system, but a step up can’t hurt right? YouMail provides users with many cool features that T-mobile’s regular voicemail does not. Here is how it works:
- You set your phone to forward unanswered calls to YouMail
- Optional – Change your voicemail number from T-mobile to YouMail (This will only make it so holding 1 will dial your YouMail voicemail instead of T-mobile’s)
- Once someone leaves a voicemail, you will receive an SMS message showing the name (Caller ID), Number, length of message, city the call originated from, and the carrier from which they called from
- You will also receive an e-mail, and be able to access your voicemail online, or by calling your YouMail voicemail.
- Optional – YouMail can automatically attatch an Mp3 of the new voicemail, to the e-mail with the name, number, transcription, etc…
- YouMail offers 1000s of free, and funny (some are very funny, some are professional) greetings to choose from, as well as the ability to upload or record your own by computer, or phone
- You can also enable transcriptions. YouMail will take your messages, write them out, and send them to you via SMS, e-mail, or both. Slick huh? (Our experience shows that it transcribes about 75% of the message correctly. Enough to get the gist of what the message-user is saying)
- YouMail is 100% free. If you don’t like it for any reason, you can always revert back to your T-mobile voicemail, no harm done. Their revenue is based off of ads, and their live support team is great! (No, they are not paying us for this)
- If anyone has suggests for future features, please let us know!