Update: Apparently a number of you are receiving the update via OTA, contradicting what the above document says.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 owners woke up nice surprise yesterday as T-Mobile released an optional Ice Cream Sandwich update. T-Mobile does give a quick note for everyone thinking of upgrading — advising them that the Ice Cream Sandwich update will wipe the home screen layout, so be advised of this change before proceeding ahead with the update.
The update requires manual installation via Samsung’s Kies software, and will not be delivered via any future Over-the-Air (OTA) update.
New Features & Improvements
- Version Information
- Android version 4.0.4 / Software version T859UVLH6
- Note: See Top 10 things to know about TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwhich (ICS) update.
- Manual Update ONLY (Size varies based on previous software version)
- Notification via Android Notifications
- Approved 8/31/12
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)
- ICS update will be required to use Media Hub after August 27th.
- Latest version of Kies software downloaded on PC or MAC
- At least 50% battery life
Installation instructions are available at the T-Mobile link below, so get started.