If you’ve got $650 hanging around, you might want to take notice of the newly announced HTC One developer edition. That’s right, the One can be yours SIM and bootloader unlocked if the price is right. T-Mobile fans should take note that the dev edition doesn’t offer AWS (1700) with HSPA+, so you might want to make sure you’re in an area where T-Mobile has enough HSPA+ coverage on the 1900 band before taking the leap.
If you’ve read this far and are still interested, take note that the HTC One will offer:
- 1080p Full HD display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 64 GB of storage
- SIM and bootloader unlocked
- Open APIs for Bluetooth Low Energy, Infrared, and more
- Front-facing stereo speakers
- Two dual-membrane microphones for recording
- Multiple frequency compatibility:
- HSPA/WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz (US)
The One developed edition will be available in limited quantities to customers at when it’s released to the US. Want to build and test apps? Want to root to your heart’s content free of bootloader shackles? This is the device for you.
Not interested in any of the above? That’s ok, T-Mobile will launch the HTC One with LTE support in the very near future.