PhoneDog Media ExclusiveDownload iM5, now available in the App Store and Google Play
. iM5 is a PhoneDog Media backed Social Platform to inspire real-life action through the crowdsourcing of ideas. See the video
You can file all of this as “unofficial” as is the namesake of TmoNews as an “unofficial” blog for T-Mobile, but LTE sightings are coming en masse out of New York City, Detroit and Minneapolis. While I’m in the camp that all three markets are both in the “fine tuning” and “testing” phase, Minneapolis has been scheduled for a May launch, so there’s reason to suspect things can be happening a little early. As it stands today, Detroit and NYC are still slated for a June launch.
Needless to say, there’s plenty of sightings hitting my inbox and the @tmonews Twitter account. Still, I wouldn’t jump too far ahead and assume that a LTE sighting means an entire market is live. For the moment, we’re just happy things are progressing and that more markets appear on the horizon.
Recapping our current intel on the May/June LTE market launches:
In May we’re looking at Austin, Texas; Honolulu, Hawaii; Minneapolis and St Paul, Minnesota; Tulsa, Oklahoma; Sacramento, California; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; San Francisco and part of the Los Angeles areas both of which will also be spread into June.
The June list of launches is a little longer and includes the continuation of the San Francisco and Los Angeles area build-outs. As we wrote a few days ago, it appears as though two dozen markets will launch sometime during the month of June but here’s a list of the tentative markets so far. Anticipated May launch markets are indicated in parentheses.
- Atlanta and Sandy Springs, Marietta, San Antonio
- Austin and Round Rock, San Marcos (May Launch)
- Part of the Carolinas – Charlotte, Rock Hill
- Chicago and Joliet, Naperville
- Cincinnati and Dayton
- Connecticut – Bridgeport, Stamford, Norwalk
- Columbus and Mentor
- Dallas and Fort Worth, Arlington
- Denver and Aurora, Broomfield
- Detroit and Warren
- Honolulu and Maui (May Launch)
- Long Island, New York and New Jersey – specific areas unknown
- Los Angeles and Pasadena, West Covina, West LA, Metro LA, Burbank, Beverly Hills
- Oklahoma City
- Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Minneapolis and St Paul, Bloomington (May Launch)
- New England – Boston, Cambridge
- Philadelphia and Camden, Wilmington (May Launch)
- Sacramento and Arden, Arcade, Roseville, Fresno
- San Diego and Carlsbad, San Marcos
- San Francisco and Oakland
- Seattle and Tacoma, Bellevue
- Tulsa (May Launch)
- Phoenix and Tuscon (May Launch)