On the first of every month, Google announces updated numbers of the different Android versions and how they are distributed across the platform. With the start of August, we’re seeing a huge jump in Ice Cream Sandwich with a boost from 10.9% in June, up to 15.9% in August. While that still pales in comparison to Gingerbread, which accounts for 60.6% of all Android devices, any bump in the right direction is a good sign. Jelly Bean makes its first appearance on the map with 0.8%, a small yet predictable number given the total number of devices its running on.
So what’s the total breakdown?
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean: 0.8 percent
- Android 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich: 15.9 percent
- Android 3.1 to 3.2 Honeycomb: 2.3 percent
- Android 2.3 to 2.3.7 Gingerbread: 60.6 percent
- Android 2.2 Froyo: 15.5 percent
- Android 2.1 Eclair: 4.2 percent
- Android 1.6 Donut: 0.5 percent
- Android 1.5 Cupcake: 0.2 percent