PhoneDog Media ExclusiveDo you want a social network that can truly improve your real-life?
PhoneDog Media is providing a sneak peek to iM5 - the "Do It" Social Network. See the video
On the first of every month, Google announces updated numbers of the different Android versions and how they are distributed across the platform. With the start of August, we’re seeing a huge jump in Ice Cream Sandwich with a boost from 10.9% in June, up to 15.9% in August. While that still pales in comparison to Gingerbread, which accounts for 60.6% of all Android devices, any bump in the right direction is a good sign. Jelly Bean makes its first appearance on the map with 0.8%, a small yet predictable number given the total number of devices its running on.
So what’s the total breakdown?
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean: 0.8 percent
- Android 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich: 15.9 percent
- Android 3.1 to 3.2 Honeycomb: 2.3 percent
- Android 2.3 to 2.3.7 Gingerbread: 60.6 percent
- Android 2.2 Froyo: 15.5 percent
- Android 2.1 Eclair: 4.2 percent
- Android 1.6 Donut: 0.5 percent
- Android 1.5 Cupcake: 0.2 percent
Android Developers Blog