We admit there is a fair amount of skepticism regarding the fabled Nexus 2/S/Whatever, both from our readers, other members of the blogging community and even ourselves. We can’t say it really exists, and then again I can’t say a 20 million dollars exists because I’ve never seen that much money all at once. So what follows is rumor based, pure rumor and speculation though we, like Androidandme can confirm that T-Mobile (among other carriers) is a likely recipient of this device. Will it be sold in T-Mobile retail stores or another channel is anyone’s guess, as is every other aspect of this report. Taylor has managed to pull together some specs we might see on this device:
- Stock Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 1.2 GHz processor (don’t know which model)
- 4 inch AMOLED display (don’t know resolution)
- 5 megapixel camera with autofocus and HD video capture (don’t know about flash), front-facing camera (don’t know resolution)
- 512 MB RAM, 16 GB internal storage
- Support for multiple carriers (radios are unknown)
- All the usuals like WiFi, Bluetooth, 3.5 mm headset jack, etc.
- Outer casing is a mix of metal and plastic materials
Keep in mind, while these specs are rumored to be finalized they are NOT confirmed. Until we see a Mr. Blurrycam pic of this device, we can only guess what it might look like. That’s the point of this whole story right now, what the phone really is is anyone’s guess.