Well its Friday Tmonews readers, and this week is going to close out well for T-mobile lovers, especially those in the Android camp. Your serving of Donut is underway, bringing with it a host of enhancements to the Android experience. With Android in mind, the Cliq pricing brought a flurry of traffic this week as the next big thing in magentaville came down at a disappointingly high $199.99. For some reason T-mobile is just in love with that price point, much to our chagrin. These weren’t the only happenings for magenta this week as the following was not given front page billing, but not forgotten either.
- Sams Club has discontinued the sales of T-mobile products and services as of October 1st. As Sams Club has a 30 day buyers remorse period returns can still be delivered by Sams Club for a refund, however, any exchanges will be handled by customer care.
- On September 30th, the T-mobile Connection Manager 2.04 software update was made available. Providing customers with an enhanced display screen and user interface improvements; it can be downloaded at http://www.t-mobile.com/webconnectupgrade/
- For those brand new to Android and wondering what the whole Donut hoopla is about, here is a short list of enhancements that Donut will bring to your device:
- Updated search experience that makes it easier to search various sources, such as: browser bookmarks and history, contacts, and the Web, directly from the home screen.
- New battery usage screen which allows customers to see which applications and services are consuming battery.
- An integrated camera, camcorder, and gallery experience that allows customers to switch between still and video capture mode with a touch screen switch.
- Updated Voice Search, with faster response and deeper integration with native applications, including the ability to dial contacts.
- An improved Android Market experience that makes it easier to discover great applications.
That’s all for now!